We'll head to London on Monday evening, and on Wednesday morning join our hosts Mike and Martha as well as others on our trip who are coming from Maine and Illinois (if I recall correctly) for the trip to Kenya.
I'm a little uncertain about our packing strategy, particularly what we're bringing with us besides our baggage. It was suggested that we bring grade school kids clothes and shoes, as well as a few soccer balls. Well, after we ordered soccer balls on-line we discovered that they just might not make it in time for the trip! So being the good planners we are, we ordered a dozen more from Amazon as a backup. Heh-heh, then while discussing the World Cup at work with a friend I mentioned the soccer ball dillema. Jim said because he's coached soccer, he has a few balls and gear he'd like to donate. So the packing load of flat balls is now totalling 31! And some hand pumps too.
This is our first trip to Africa, but when I imagine the colonists, explorers and missionaries and all their steamer trunks, I always used to condescend. Couldn't they have packed lighter? I'm already learning!
No comments:
Post a Comment