Mike was asked late yesterday afternoon to give a message this morning at 7:30, and so he came prepared to continue the evening series this morning. However, given that few that attended this morning had been attending the evening sessions, he switched it up.
We walked down to the river and on the way stopped at the "green house", named for the site's former purpose, but now just for the roof. This facility is used for health conferences.
Crossing the hydro power dam, we visited the 3 acre site of where a new chaplain training school will eventually be built.
David Kilel is committed to being on the land by next year. The plan is to start with his quarters and plant trees that will bring income in 5 years. Then grow slowly to include a classroom, dorm, and chapel. Jeff prayed with the group for these plans to be fruitful.
We were able to observe a pair of crested/ crowned cranes, the national bird of Kenya.
Sam and I were interested in checking out the new hydro plant, so David took us there for a brief tour. The original plant still generates 400Kw, and this new generator, when operational, will add another 1000Kw.
I'm getting pretty tired, and had a headache for the last half of the day. I layed down for about 45 minutes, then we left for a journey for lunch to David's house. He and his wife Esther entertained us with a traditional Kenyan meal of potatoes, rice, a meat stew, tagali, and some other things that I'm drawing a blank on.
Then we visited Kyogong AGC church, which is being built, but is also being used! The basement of the building is being utilized for church. The upper part will be airy and open, as you can see below.
I had to take a photo (after asking first) of this mom and her new baby.
Somehow in the darkness of the church building, and not being able to see well or understand much (I would guess I understood about 20-60% of the english, normally about 40%) I felt some darkness in my own spirit. It might have been a combination of the light, the dust, my headache, and fatigue. I know that people noticed because I had 4 or 5 people comment on my countenance. I better not take up poker!
Jeff gave another great on-the-fly but not off-the-cuff sermon--this one on John 11. Then we went next door to a neighbor and church member's house for another HUGE dinner. One man there took me and Sam across the street for a brief tour of the primary school and the secondary school. Primary school is 8-5 with an hour break, but secondary school was still in session at 5:45pm. He explained that secondary school is boarding school only. Sam and I went to the principal's office, and met the principal and some several students he was meeting with.
I'm sorry I don't have any photos of the dinner or the school to share with you all.
I'm looking forward to getting on to the next location of our visit, which will be on Saturday to the Masai Mara game park. That should be fun also.
It sounds like Amy had another incredible experience today working with the hospice nurses out in the sticks. There was a lot of walking--into areas where wazanga rarely come.
Now to see if we can get this post uploaded!











No comments:
Post a Comment