Jon, Sam, and Jeff.
We're about to board the flight to London. Sam and I just scarfed McD's because that was the shortest line--well, next to Dunkin donuts, that is.
We leave at 8:30 pm and arrive at 12:30 Greenwich Mean Time. Well, GMT might not be technically correct, but it does sound fun in a blog. I'll be sure to use Zulu time when we're in Africa. Doug can correct me when we get back.
A funny thing happened when checking the three big duffels full of missions gifts. The lady got all the tickets sorted out, then eyed my carry on and challenged me to put it in the baggage sizer box. Well, having researched the size limit and measuring my bag, I was sure it would fit. It did fit, but it took some persuasion and brute force. So, being proud of myself for succeeding, I then had a dilemma: How to get it OUT of the sizer. Thankfully I had Jeff with me and the sizer had a hole on the bottom so I could push it up and he could grab a half inch and we could work it out of there. Whew! I'll have some undies after all!
For those not familiar with our itinerary, we will get to Nairobi via a 20 hour layover in London. We plan to use that time to help adjust a little jet lag--so if I get to post more on London, that's why.
We will then spend most of our time in Kenya, with 4 or 5 days in Uganda. Then we should return from Entebbe home to Longmont via London and Denver.
Wish us a good night, family!

No comments:
Post a Comment